Monday, June 2, 2008

Has it been one year already?


Man, how time flies...

Jess and I celebrated our one year anniversary on memorial day weekend. Technically, it was the following Tuesday, but who wants to celebrate an anniversary on a Tuesday? We went back to the scene of the crime - the crime being the restaurant I took Jess to after I proposed and surprised her with friends and family from all over the country. We had another phenomenal meal and enjoyed opening our messages that people wrote at our wedding (see pics below).

We then exchanged gifts and I was the beneficiary of two Buffett tickets -- so she earned huge points for that. I did most of my shopping at Anthropologie, where a man can walk in blindfolded, pick out anything and it will be a winner. Having said that, I spent way too long in that store.

Anyway, we spent the day at the Detroit Zoo and the highlight was being able to spend a few minutes in the habitat of some furry little creatures (see pic).

The grand finale was on Tuesday when I came home to see my beautiful wife watching tv on the couch in her wedding dress. It fit beautifully!

All in all it was a wonderful time. We received lots of phone calls and good wishes and were so thankful to have spent our wedding with so many of you.

much love to you all!

Corey and Jess


(hanging out with the gorillas)



















Check out the prarie dogs...
















(corey checking out the prarie dogs view)















(at dinner opening our wedding wishes 1 year later)





















exchanging gifts, another infamous shadow box for 2007)
















enjoying my wedding dress and the anniversary gifts from our family and friends)




















(you thought he was kidding but I enjoyed an episode of the Bachelorette in my wedding dress and loved it!)

No comments: